Though there are still a few finishing touches left on his room I thought I'd share some pictures of what we've done so far. We decided to paint the room a light grey so that we wouldn't have to worry about coordinating much in terms of decor (grey goes with everything!), and because kid stuff is so colorful and bright we thought grey would complement that nicely. However, a good grey is really hard to come by. Our first attempt left us with a baby blue room. It was a nice shade of blue but to be honest I really didn't feel right having a baby blue room for our boy. So we went back to the store the same day and got a new grey. This time it turned out purple. At this point I was ready to throw in the towel, I had had enough of painting and decided that we could live with it. It was cozy... But here is where Zach saved the day once again. It was one of those moments when I felt I had picked the perfect partner. It sounds silly and maybe it's because I'm pregnant but I was really touched. While I was out buying plants for the garden with my mom, Zach managed to paint the entire room once again - and this time it worked!
And just like that, I have a new favorite blog! You haven't made a stop at IKEA, have you? Where did you get the orange animal print over the changing table? I want.
And just like that, I have a new favorite blog! You haven't made a stop at IKEA, have you? Where did you get the orange animal print over the changing table? I want.
ReplyDelete