Jan 24, 2012

Solids



We started giving Oscar solid food a couple of weeks ago after he grabbed a handful of raw spinach from my bowl and started to eat it. He LOVES food, so far there hasn't been anything he rejects and he has loads of fun eating. From the start he has insisted on holding the spoon and as a result has gotten quite good at feeding himself. This is all very exciting and a little bit sad for me. Exciting because it's so much fun to see him enjoy these new experiences but sad because it means that from now on he is going to get less and less of his food from me and I'm sure I'm going to miss our special time together.

So far these are the foods he's tried:

  • Avocado - the very first!
  • Bananas
  • Pears
  • Peas
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Brown Rice
  • And now prunes and oatmeal because the rice made him constipated





1 comment:

  1. Caitlin, do you read Bleubird Vintage's official blog? I think you may like this feature; http://bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/blog/bird-food/. I know Oscar is not old enough to eat all of those foods yet, but it is exciting to see a baby's palette develop :)

    ReplyDelete