Nov 1, 2011

Halloween!

I have a confession to make, I'm not a very big fan of Halloween. I always found it daunting to think of the perfect costume and then as an adult to find the best party (or any party for that matter). It wasn't until the last couple of years that I really started to feel ok about wanting to just stay in and hand out candy - though nobody comes to our door in favor of the massive amounts of candy opportunities just a block over.
Now that I'm a mom though I'm so excited to help Oscar with his costumes and one day take him trick or treating. I remember starting to plan my costumes as a kid as far back as Labor Day and being SO excited all the way up to the big day (I wasn't always such a curmudgeon). Halloween really is a holiday we should leave for the kids, they just seem to bring more excitement and creativity to it. Any hoo, even though Oscar is not yet 4 months old we decided he needed a costume. I spent the week fashioning him a candy corn outfit. It's way cute. We went to our good friend Paul and Sarah's house last night for pizza, beer (and Manhattan's!), and candy handing out - it was a total blast. Here are a few pictures Kim took of the kiddos:




I can't wait for next year!

1 comment: