Oct 26, 2011

Time to make things

I never imagined how demanding this whole motherhood thing is. I mean I knew it, I'd heard about it, but I never really understood. A lot of people have been asking me lately about what I do all day, you would think that with all this extra time on my hands now that I'm not working I would have all these amazing adventures and I'd be making lots of things. I don't really know what to tell them, I haven't done much, I feel lucky if I get the laundry done - and it's an extra special day if I'm able to take a leisurely walk around the neighborhood (or lake for that matter) as well. I can't quite explain what it is that I do all day but it involves a lot of walking around the house bouncing or rocking a baby, nursing, and cooing. When I do have a few minutes to myself when he takes a nap it's a mad dash to decide how I will spend those precious moments - housework? internet? reading? resting?

The last few weeks this has all really started to get to me, I've had all of this creative energy building up in  me but I've not had the time or I've had the time but not the energy to make anything. Well this week it all came to a head and I said f*#! it, if I have to work on something in 5 minute spurts so be it but I will MAKE something.

Our friend Aimee gave us a bunch of wonderful books when O was born and this is one of them:

It's full of cute and easy projects that will take him into toddlerhood, I just wish I'd had more time to make some of the projects before he grew out of them. I decided to make O a new swaddle because he's growing out of his old one and it's getting colder here:



It was a fairly simple project but with enough difficulty that I really felt accomplished at the end. I can't wait to make it again for a few certain babies that have and will be born...


4 comments:

  1. yay! i love it, and am so happy you are putting that book to good use. we should start a little sewing circle this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute and impressive to bute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cait, that's awesome! I'm so impressed both by your sewing and time management skills. Oscar is one lucky kid.

    I want that book now too...I'm going to check my library right now.

    ReplyDelete