Dec 5, 2010

6 weeks, 5 days


This week I went for an ultrasound to get a more accurate gestational age of the baby (6 weeks, 5 days, which makes today officially 7 weeks). Whoa, it was incredible! Our little nugget looks just like that - a nugget. We could even see the heartbeat and it looked like tiny hummingbird wings fluttering at 134 beats/minute.

It was so amazing to be able to see this tiny thing that's been living and growing inside of me, especially since it hardly seems that I'm pregnant at all. Seeing this little thing has made me so overwhelmingly excited for the adventure that is beginning to take shape before us.

It's a strange feeling to be so early in our pregnancy. I'm feeling a bit more reclusive than usual as we're not quite ready to tell everyone we know yet any time we are invited out it usually means drinks are involved. Historically I am not the type to order juice or soda at a bar so our secret is sure to come out. Besides, the most important thing in our lives right now is not something that we are really talking about yet, making conversation near impossible. Fancy problems!

Here's a list of all of the "symptoms" I've been experiencing over the last few weeks (I'm secretly really excited about them!):

- extreme fatigue! Especially this last week I feel like I could go to bed at seven o'clock. I've been taking naps when I can and that seems to help but makes me feel like a sissy.

- all I want to eat is sweet bready things like belgian waffles, pancakes, muffins, etc. and chicken noodle soup (from a can!!!). I've never had much of a sweet tooth, especially for breakfast food, but I find myself daydreaming about all of the toppings I would put on a waffle if I had one in front of me. I'm guessing this will pass soon and I'll once again be able to imagine all of the food groups once again.
- sweet potatoes taste like apricots, and anyone who knows me well knows that I detest apricots. Ick.
- So far I haven't felt the "morning sickness" very strongly, only a few episodes of nausea here and there. Though the other day I drank some carrot-apple-beet juice and it made me almost barf in the car. I would have spewed but I was stuck in traffic and thought someone might notice and think I was throwing up blood...

1 comment:

  1. Though the other day I drank some carrot-apple-beet juice and it made me almost barf in the car. I would have spewed but I was stuck in traffic and thought someone might notice and think I was throwing up blood...

    CAIT this made me really LOLLOLOLL like, full belly laugh!

    (this is Laurie, by the way)

    ReplyDelete