
Back in October Zach and I decided we would like to try starting a family. With all the new babies that arrived last month you could say we were a bit inspired. I couldn't help but think how wonderful it would be for our kids to grow up alongside all these new cousins, similar to how it was for my sisters and I. So off my birth control I went, thinking that it would probably take a while for my body to adjust to a natural cycle - NOT SO! So here we are in week 5 of the rest of our lives, adjusting to the idea that in July we're going to be a threesome.
I find myself going through waves of anxiousness to excited to disbelief constantly throughout the day. So far other than some mild cramping and tiredness I'm not really feeling pregnant at all, making it even harder to wrap my mind around the fact that I am. And because we're not quite out of the woods yet in terms of miscarriage we're not telling anyone, making it seem all the less real. Next week I have my first appointment with a midwife to get everything checked out (something that was on my list of things to do before we got pregnant) so hopefully we'll be able to settle into this a little more after that.
Around the time that we probably conceived Zach and I got takeout from our favorite spot down the street, Fresh Wok, and I got a fortune the said something like "You are in for a pleasant surprise", I put it on the window ledge to save just in case I actually did get pregnant that month so I could save it for a baby book - but I lost it... I think the cat batted it away. But even though I don't still have that fortune, I don't think I'll ever forget it. A very pleasant surprise indeed.
right around when we conceived I got a fortune at our favorite Chinese place (Village Wok) that said something like "your current project will be a success." I swear I saved it but I can't find it! Dang!
ReplyDelete