Nov 17, 2011
For a Papa
As I'm sure many papas can attest to, it's hard to soothe an infant - especially when Mama has all the secrets. There have been quite a few nights when Zach has tried and tried to soothe Oscar only to come to me with that look of utter defeat. As frustrating as it can be for me (and Zach too, of course) I try really hard to remember that this is only a phase, Oscar will soon find comfort in his Papa and let him handle bedtimes. I can only imagine how hard on Zach this must be, how he must feel useless. And then I come across moments like this on a night when Oscar would not go to sleep for more than 15 minutes. It makes me think about how much fun Oscar is going to have with Zach as a dad, and about how much he likes to hang out with him already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How incredibly sweet. Caitlin, your sentiment. Zach, this moment.
ReplyDeletefor all Dads, I heartily recommend this book. It will help!
ReplyDelete