One of the most common things that folks say upon hearing about our new baby is "you won't believe how the time flys." I can't stand that sentiment. What's worse is that it's true. Everyday, Oscar looks and acts a bit different. And everyday, I think about how easy things were even a week ago. Part of me can't wait to see him grow up but most of me wishes time would stand still a little bit longer.
He still sleeps like a champ. However, his smiles are seeming more and more intentional and the clothes that he's been sporting since he first came home are starting to stretch.
We were able to get away to the family cabin over the weekend. It's an incredibly important place for us and we wanted to make sure Oscar got to experience it before his first summer slips away.
That creature in the background is Charley doing one of her famous dock dives.
Oscar Harold was able to get in touch with the "Harold" part of his namesake while wading in the shallows of Fish Lake in front of the Parker cottage.
And now, a blast from the past...
Caitlin at her first trip to Fish Lake (1984).
The very moment I made the decision about having a beard when I grew up (1977).







Happy one month!
ReplyDelete