Jul 1, 2011

Oh how we've grown

With our due date right around the corner I suppose I should post some updated photos of this amazing belly I've been working on for the past nine or so months. It has started to dawn on me over the last week or so that my days of belly gazing are coming to a close, and I have to say I have mixed feelings about this. There was a point at about twenty weeks or so that I felt like I wanted to be pregnant forever. I was starting to show and feel his little kicks and everything just felt so... magical. I also felt like I wanted him to sty in there forever because I knew we would never be this close, he had become this partner of mine that I took with me everywhere. Now, at 37 weeks, I am READY for the next phase in our relationship. Though I am certainly going to miss the feeling of him rolling around inside me, or just the feeling of rubbing this giant belly - I miss my body. I miss bending over, getting up without having to plan my movements (or ask for help), sleeping in any position I like, cuddling with Zach without him complaining that I'm too hot.

So last weekend our good friend Kim Whaley took some really lovely photos of us. She has been so generous over the last year taking both our engagement and wedding photos. We are so incredibly lucky to have such a talented and thoughtful friend. Thanks Kim!

And here are some of the pets, we love them too!

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I can't wait to see you guys, and meet the babe! Celebratory bloody marys must happen :)

    ReplyDelete